Ham and Cheese Stuffed Everything Pretzel
Published on June 3, 2021
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Serving Size: 3 servings
For the Dough:
- •2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- •1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- •1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- •2 1/4 teaspoons instant yeast
- •1 cup warm water
For the Filling:
- •2 slices Black Forest deli ham, finely diced
- •1 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- •Baking soda wash:
- •1 cup hot beer
- •1/4 cup baking soda
- •Egg wash:
- •1 large egg
- •Everything seasoning salt
- •2 tablespoons melted butter
- •In the bowl of a stand mixer with the dough hook attached, add flour, sugar, salt and yeast. Stir to combine. Add the water and knead the dough for 5 to 6 minutes, until soft and smooth. Add dough to a lightly greased bowl and cover with a towel. Place in a warm place for 1 hour, until doubled in size.
- •While dough is resting, make the filling by combining the ham and cheese in a small bowl.
- •Beat 1 large egg in another small bowl. In a third bowl, whisk together the hot beer and baking soda.
- •Heat oven to 400 degrees, and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray with nonstick spray.
- •Lightly grease your work surface. Use a rolling pin to roll dough into a 12x14-inch rectangle. Cut the dough lengthwise into 4 strips. Roll each strip out with a rolling pin until it’s roughly 4 inches wide.
- •Lay the strip out so the long side faces you. Brush the top of the strip with egg wash. Sprinkle one-fourth of the filling on the bottom third of the strip.
- •Roll the strip up into a long rope and pinch the edges to seal. Roll to smooth. Turn the dough rope into a U-shape then twist the ends twice. Press the dough down where it overlaps.
- •Dip each pretzel into the beer mixture. Place on the sheet tray, brush with egg wash and sprinkle with everything seasoning.
- •Bake pretzels for 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- •Remove from oven and drizzle with butter. Enjoy