Polish Vasas

History of the House of Vasa from 1587 to 1668 comprising mannierist and baroque styles in today's Poland and Lithuania
689 Piny93 Obserwujący
Reconstructed cabinets in the Hen's Foot, 14th century elongated tower at the Wawel Castle, with original portals with the coat of arms of the Vasa family and the fireplace from about 1600

Reconstructed cabinets in the Hen's Foot, 14th century elongated tower at the Wawel Castle, with original portals with the coat of arms of the Vasa family and the fireplace from about 1600

Detail of Battle of Kircholm in 1605 by Pieter Snayers, 1620s (PD-art/old), Château de Sassenage, commissioned by Sigismund III Vasa

Detail of Battle of Kircholm in 1605 by Pieter Snayers, 1620s (PD-art/old), Château de Sassenage, commissioned by Sigismund III Vasa

Medal with bust of John II Casimir commemorating the Peace Treaty of Oliwa by Johann Höhn, 1660, Private collection

Medal with bust of John II Casimir commemorating the Peace Treaty of Oliwa by Johann Höhn, 1660, Private collection

Dalmatic from the royal set by Anonymous from Poland and France, before 1663, Klasztor Sióstr Wizytek, made from a canopy of Queen Marie Louise Gonzaga

Dalmatic from the royal set by Anonymous from Poland and France, before 1663, Klasztor Sióstr Wizytek, made from a canopy of Queen Marie Louise Gonzaga

Fragment of golden chalice of Charles Ferdinand Vasa from the Płock Cathedral by Wojciech Szwarc, ca. 1645, Muzeum Diecezjalne w Płocku, decorated with figures of saints: Sigismund, Ferdinand and Charles Borromeo and medallions with the scenes of the Last Supper, the Christ in the Garden of Gethsemane and the Christ at Emmaus

Fragment of golden chalice of Charles Ferdinand Vasa from the Płock Cathedral by Wojciech Szwarc, ca. 1645, Muzeum Diecezjalne w Płocku, decorated with figures of saints: Sigismund, Ferdinand and Charles Borromeo and medallions with the scenes of the Last Supper, the Christ in the Garden of Gethsemane and the Christ at Emmaus

Chasuble from the royal set by Anonymous from Poland and France, before 1663, Klasztor Sióstr Wizytek, made from a canopy of Queen Marie Louise Gonzaga

Chasuble from the royal set by Anonymous from Poland and France, before 1663, Klasztor Sióstr Wizytek, made from a canopy of Queen Marie Louise Gonzaga

Golden chalice of Charles Ferdinand Vasa from the Płock Cathedral by Wojciech Szwarc, ca. 1645, Muzeum Diecezjalne w Płocku, decorated with figures of saints: Sigismund, Ferdinand and Charles Borromeo and medallions with the scenes of the Last Supper, the Christ in the Garden of Gethsemane and the Christ at Emmaus

Golden chalice of Charles Ferdinand Vasa from the Płock Cathedral by Wojciech Szwarc, ca. 1645, Muzeum Diecezjalne w Płocku, decorated with figures of saints: Sigismund, Ferdinand and Charles Borromeo and medallions with the scenes of the Last Supper, the Christ in the Garden of Gethsemane and the Christ at Emmaus

Electroformed copy of a silver-gilt basin decorated with the Polish skirmish with the Swedes by Elkington & Co., 19th century, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, original by Hans Jakob I Baur in Augsburg, ca. 1630, from the collection of Ladislaus IV Vasa

Electroformed copy of a silver-gilt basin decorated with the Polish skirmish with the Swedes by Elkington & Co., 19th century, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, original by Hans Jakob I Baur in Augsburg, ca. 1630, from the collection of Ladislaus IV Vasa

Detail of portrait of Crown Prince Ladislaus Sigismund Vasa in Polish costume by Pieter Claesz. Soutman, ca.1626 (PD-art/old), Muzeum Pałacu Króla Jana III w Wilanowie

Detail of portrait of Crown Prince Ladislaus Sigismund Vasa in Polish costume by Pieter Claesz. Soutman, ca.1626 (PD-art/old), Muzeum Pałacu Króla Jana III w Wilanowie

Basin from the Chełmża Cathedral by Tobias Kramer, ca. 1620, Muzeum Diecezjalne w Pelplinie, most probably commissioned by Sigismund III Vasa and presented by him to the Chełmża Cathedral in 1621 or 1627, during his pilgrimages to the tomb of Saint Jutta

Basin from the Chełmża Cathedral by Tobias Kramer, ca. 1620, Muzeum Diecezjalne w Pelplinie, most probably commissioned by Sigismund III Vasa and presented by him to the Chełmża Cathedral in 1621 or 1627, during his pilgrimages to the tomb of Saint Jutta

Pinterest
Szukaj